Kristen Bell wins all the Mothers Day awards
Exactly the kind of relationship I’m looking for
"how are you doing?"
[makes several vague hand gestures and various noises rather than giving an actual answer]
Kim Kelley-Wagner has two daughters who were adopted from China. In everyday life, they have been subjected to horrid statements from people - to their faces, to their mother as they stood by her, etc. In this photo collection, shared on her blog, Kim and her daughters (Lily and Meika) put these ignorant cruelties front and center. [x]
"I have tried to explain to my daughters that people do not say these things to be mean, they say them out of ignorance, which is why I am sharing some of them. Words are powerful, they can become tools or weapons, choose to use them wisely."
i’m honestly deeply ashamed because of the harshness of our world
this is a consequence of gay marriage we were warned now trees and men want to get married what is this world coming to
I heard your song: Marissa Alexander
- Marissa Alexander’s husband has a proven history of violence and domestic abuse toward women.
- During an altercation with her abusive husband Marissa had retrieved her liscensed and registered gun which she owned prior to even meeting her husband and as she held the weapon in her right hand down by her side as he yelled, “Bitch I Will Kill You!” and charged toward her.
- In desperation and fear Marissa Alexander lifted her weapon, turned away and discharged a single shot in the ceiling. As she stood her ground – that single shot prevented him from doing that which he had threatened.
- Marissa Alexander did not receive immunity under the Florida Stand your ground self defense law.
- Her husband admitted that he was the agressor, threatened her life and was so angry that he did not know what he would do, as sworn under statement in November of 2010.
- Alexander’s husband had previously been arrested for domestic violence twice – once for abuse against Alexander and that attack landed Alexander in the hospital.
- Alexander was originally senteced to 20 years in prison, which was already outrageous and unjust enough, however she may be sentenced to 60 years in prison after her retrial in July after Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey announced she intends to triple Alexander’s sentence if she is able to convict her for a second time.
- “It’s unimaginable that a woman acting in self-defense, who injured no one, can be given what amounts to a life sentence,” Helen Gilbert, Free Marissa Now
- Given that George Zimmerman is a free man currently milking media and marketing deals to make money after murdering a child, Trayvon Martin, and Michael Dunn is doing zero years for the murder of Jordan Davis, amongst the hundred of other cases of injustice, it seems insane that Marissa Alexander may do life for killing no one and harming no one, rather her only crime was self defense.
SIGN THE PETITION approx 13,000 signatures needed at present time, it is the very, very least we can do to help Marissa Alexander who is caught in the completely UNJUST justice system. AND donate to Marissas legal defense campaign HERE. Often the reasons injustices fly by is because there simply aren’t the funds to hire the people needed to prove the cases.
Help Free Marissa Alexander.
Marissa I heard your song, we all did.
: : SUBMISSION : :